HP Officejet 6978 is one of the best-selling printers by HP Ltd. on the market today. This guide teaches you how to rectify and troubleshoot your HP Officejet Pro 6978 troubleshooting quickly.
The following points are the commonly identified issues on HP Officejet Pro 6978.
- Paper stuck/jam while printing.
- Printer offline.
- Printer fails to Print black ink.
These issues are quite common and can occur over time. Here is how you could troubleshoot these issues.
Stuck Paper inside the printer
- Disconnect all cables and power cords to avoid the risk of electrocution on your HP Printer.
- Carefully remove all the papers from the input tray from your HP Officejet 6978.
- Lift the printer tray and check for any torn pieces of Paper inside the HP Officejet 6978 printer.
- Remove the bits gently and close the tray.
- Now, reload the paper tray with a moderate amount of sheets.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool from the official HP site.
- Install and run the program once downloaded.
- Click the start icon and select your HP Model number.
- After following the on-screen instructions, click on the “Fix Printing” button.
- Now, try connecting your printer to your Wi-Fi network and verify whether the HP Officejet Pro 6978 troubleshooting is resolved.
Printer fails to print black ink
- First, ensure that your HP Officejet Pro 6978 has sufficient ink in the cartridge.
- If not, replace the cartridges immediately with the HP Genuine Ink Cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges properly in their slots.
- It is advisable to clean the ink nozzles regularly.
The above steps must fix all your printer issues. Unfortunately, if you still happen to face any problems, please do contact our dedicated Customer Care Helpline @+1-800-237-0201 to HP Officejet Pro 6978 troubleshooting for an instant fix. Just visit our site 123.hp.com/setup