HP Printers are one of the best multifunctional devices in the world. You can scan, print, copy, and fax with your HP Printer using 123.hp.com/setup website. However, sometimes you may run into some issues such as the HP Printer offline issue. Don’t worry as you can resolve this error easily on your Mac computer.
Troubleshooting HP Printer Offline Issue
Ensure your HP Printer is in a ready state
- Firstly, Make sure that your HP Printer is turned on.
- If it is sleep mode, press the power button to turn it on.
- Also make sure that the paper is correctly loaded into the input tray.
- Ensure there are no blinking lights on the control panel and the correct ink cartridges or toner is installed.
- Now try to print and if the issue persists, continue with the next step.
Reset the Printer in Mac
- To begin with, open ‘System Preferences’ by selecting the Apple menu.
- Next, select the ‘Print & Scan’, ‘Print & Fax’, or ‘Printers & Scanners’ option.
- Thereafter select ‘Reset printing system’ after right-clicking anywhere inside the window.
- Confirm your selecting by clicking ‘reset’ on the prompt.
- Finally, enter your administrator name and password to perform the reset.
- If the issue persists, continue with the next step.
Troubleshoot the network connection
- In the first place, restart all your devices including the HP Printer, Mac computer, and router.
- Following this, perform the wireless connection once again.
- Lastly, print a wireless network test report to check it.
If the HP Offline Issue persists on your Mac, feel free to contact our toll-free number +1-800-237-0201 for additional troubleshooting.